Rooting is a process that allows users to gain privileged control over their Android devices. It provides access to the operating system’s core files and enables users to make system-level changes, install custom ROMs, and optimize the device’s performance. If you own a ZTE Grand X View 2 and want to unlock its full potential, this article will guide you through the step-by-step process of rooting your device. By the end of this guide, you will have a rooted ZTE Grand X View 2 and the freedom to customize your device to your heart’s content.
- 1 Before You Begin: Understanding Rooting and Its Implications
- 2 Step 1: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
- 3 Step 2: Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- 4 Step 3: Unlock the Bootloader
- 5 Step 4: Install a Custom Recovery
- 6 Step 5: Root Your Device
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 FAQs After The Conclusion:
- 9 Summary
- 10 Related video of How to Root ZTE Grand X View 2: A Comprehensive Guide
Before You Begin: Understanding Rooting and Its Implications
Before diving into the rooting process, it is essential to understand the implications and potential risks involved. Rooting your ZTE Grand X View 2 can offer several advantages, but it also comes with certain drawbacks. Here are a few key points to consider:
- Warranty Void: Rooting your device typically voids the manufacturer’s warranty. If your device encounters any hardware or software issues after rooting, you may not be able to claim warranty services.
- Security Risks: Rooting can expose your device to security risks. By gaining root access, malicious apps or hackers may have more control over your device, potentially compromising your data and privacy.
- Software Updates: Rooting can often prevent your device from receiving official software updates. To enjoy the latest features and security patches, you may need to rely on custom ROMs.
Considering these factors, it is crucial to weigh the benefits against the risks before proceeding with the root process. Now, let’s move on to the step-by-step instructions for rooting your ZTE Grand X View 2.
Step 1: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Before you can root your ZTE Grand X View 2, you need to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking in the device settings. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on “About tablet”.
- Locate the “Build number” and tap on it seven times continuously. This action will enable Developer options on your device.
- Go back to the main settings menu and tap on “Developer options”.
- Scroll down and find the “USB debugging” option. Enable it.
- Next, scroll further and locate the “OEM unlocking” option. Enable it as well.
By enabling USB debugging and OEM unlocking, you allow your device to communicate with a computer and authorize bootloader unlocking, which is essential for rooting.
Step 2: Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers
ADB (Android Debug Bridge) and Fastboot are essential tools for interacting with Android devices via a computer. To root your ZTE Grand X View 2, you need to install these drivers on your computer. Here’s how:
- Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers package from the official Android developers website.
- Extract the downloaded file to a folder on your computer.
- Connect your ZTE Grand X View 2 to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open the folder where you extracted the downloaded drivers.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard, then right-click in the folder and select “Open command window here”.
- In the command prompt window, type “adb devices” and press Enter. This command will check if your device is properly connected and recognized by the computer.
- If your device is listed, you are ready to proceed. If not, make sure the USB drivers for your device are installed correctly.
With ADB and Fastboot drivers installed, you are now prepared to move on to the next step of the rooting process.
Step 3: Unlock the Bootloader
The bootloader is a program that loads the operating system into the device’s memory during the boot process. By default, the bootloader on most Android devices is locked to prevent unauthorized access or modifications. To root your ZTE Grand X View 2, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here’s how:
- Make sure your device is connected to the computer via USB.
- In the command prompt window, type “adb reboot bootloader” and press Enter. This command will reboot your device into bootloader mode.
- Once your device enters bootloader mode, type “fastboot oem unlock” and press Enter. This command will initiate the bootloader unlocking process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on your device to confirm the bootloader unlock. This action will erase all data on your device, so make sure to back up any important files before proceeding.
- After the bootloader is unlocked, your device will reboot automatically.
Unlocking the bootloader is an essential step in the rooting process, as it allows you to install custom recoveries and flash custom ROMs on your device.
Step 4: Install a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery is a third-party recovery environment that provides additional features and functionalities compared to the stock recovery. To root your ZTE Grand X View 2, you need to install a custom recovery like TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). Here’s how:
- Download the TWRP recovery image file for your ZTE Grand X View 2 from a trusted source.
- Copy the downloaded recovery image file to the folder where you installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Disconnect your device from the computer.
- Power off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the device enters recovery mode.
- In the TWRP recovery menu, select “Install”.
- Navigate to the folder where you stored the TWRP recovery image file.
- Select the recovery image file and swipe the “Swipe to confirm flash” button to install TWRP.
- Once the installation is complete, tap on “Reboot” and select “Recovery” to boot into the newly installed TWRP recovery.
Installing TWRP recovery allows you to perform advanced system-level operations, including flashing custom ROMs and rooting your device.
Step 5: Root Your Device
Now that you have unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery on your ZTE Grand X View 2, you are ready to root your device. Here’s how:
- Download the latest version of the Magisk zip file from the official Magisk GitHub repository.
- Copy the downloaded Magisk zip file to the internal storage of your device.
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the device enters recovery mode (TWRP recovery).
- In the TWRP recovery menu, select “Install”.
- Navigate to the location where you copied the Magisk zip file.
- Select the Magisk zip file and swipe the “Swipe to confirm flash” button to install Magisk.
- Once the installation is complete, select “Reboot” and then “System” to boot your device into the rooted state.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your ZTE Grand X View 2 using Magisk. Your device now has full administrative privileges, allowing you to customize it according to your preferences.
Rooting your ZTE Grand X View 2 can unlock a world of possibilities, providing you with the freedom to customize and optimize your device. However, it is essential to understand the risks and implications associated with rooting before proceeding. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, you can safely root your ZTE Grand X View 2 and unleash its full potential.
FAQs After The Conclusion:
1. Is rooting legal?
Yes, rooting is legal in most countries. However, it may void your device’s warranty and potentially expose your device to security risks. It is crucial to understand the implications and risks before proceeding with the rooting process.
2. Can I unroot my ZTE Grand X View 2?
Yes, you can unroot your ZTE Grand X View 2 by flashing the stock firmware or a stock ROM. This process will restore your device to its original state, but it may not reinstate the manufacturer’s warranty.
3. Will rooting my device improve its performance?
Rooting itself does not directly improve your device’s performance. However, it allows you to make system-level modifications and install custom ROMs, which can potentially enhance performance and battery life.
4. Can I still receive official software updates after rooting?
Rooting can often prevent your device from receiving official software updates. However, you can still enjoy the latest features and security patches by installing custom ROMs that are based on newer Android versions.
5. Are there any alternatives to rooting?
If you are hesitant to root your device, there are alternative methods to customize your ZTE Grand X View 2. For example, you can use third-party launchers, icon packs, and widgets to personalize the device’s appearance and functionality without rooting.
In this comprehensive guide, we have explored the step-by-step process of rooting the ZTE Grand X View 2. We covered the importance of understanding the implications and risks of rooting, as well as the steps involved in enabling USB debugging and OEM unlocking, installing ADB and Fastboot drivers, unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery, and finally, rooting the device using Magisk. Rooting your ZTE Grand X View 2 can unlock a world of possibilities, but it is essential to proceed with caution and make informed decisions. By following the instructions provided in this guide, you can safely and successfully root your ZTE Grand X View 2 and customize it according to your preferences.