The Vivo V20 Pro is a highly popular smartphone known for its impressive camera capabilities and sleek design. While the device offers a range of features and functionalities, some users may want to root their Vivo V20 Pro to gain full control over their device and access advanced customization options. Rooting a smartphone can provide several benefits, such as removing bloatware, installing custom ROMs, and optimizing performance. In this article, we will explore the process of rooting the Vivo V20 Pro and provide step-by-step instructions to help you successfully root your device.
Section 1: Understanding Rooting and its Advantages
1.1 What is Rooting?
Rooting refers to the process of gaining administrative access to the Android operating system. By rooting your Vivo V20 Pro, you can access the root directory of the device, which enables you to make changes and modifications that are otherwise restricted. Rooting allows you to customize your device, install custom ROMs, remove bloatware, and optimize performance.
1.2 Advantages of Rooting Vivo V20 Pro
- Access to Custom ROMs: Rooting your Vivo V20 Pro gives you the ability to install custom ROMs, which can provide a unique user experience and additional features.
- Improved Performance: By removing bloatware and optimizing system settings, rooting can help improve the overall performance and speed of your device.
- Increased Battery Life: Rooting allows you to install battery-saving apps and optimize power settings, ultimately extending the battery life of your Vivo V20 Pro.
- Advanced Customization: With root access, you can customize every aspect of your device, from the appearance of the user interface to the behavior of individual apps.
- Backup and Restore: Rooting enables you to perform full system backups and restores, providing an extra layer of security for your data.
Section 2: Preparing Your Vivo V20 Pro for Rooting
2.1 Backup Your Data
Before proceeding with the rooting process, it is crucial to back up all your important data, including contacts, messages, photos, and any other files you don’t want to lose. While the rooting process itself does not erase data, there is always a risk of data loss during the process. You can back up your data using various methods, such as:
- Using built-in backup options on the Vivo V20 Pro
- Syncing your data with cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox
- Copying your files to a computer or an external storage device
2.2 Enable USB Debugging
USB Debugging is a feature that allows your Vivo V20 Pro to communicate with a computer via the Android Debug Bridge (ADB). To enable USB Debugging:
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your Vivo V20 Pro.
- Scroll down and tap on “About Phone.”
- Find the “Build Number” and tap on it seven times to enable Developer Options.
- Go back to the main “Settings” menu and tap on “Developer Options.”
- Toggle on the “USB Debugging” option.
2.3 Charge Your Device
Ensure that your Vivo V20 Pro has sufficient battery level before initiating the rooting process. It is recommended to have at least 50% battery charge to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the rooting process, which could potentially damage your device.
Section 3: Rooting Vivo V20 Pro
3.1 Unlocking the Bootloader
Before you can root your Vivo V20 Pro, you need to unlock the device’s bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader allows you to install custom recoveries and gain root access. However, it is important to note that unlocking the bootloader will erase all data on your device, so make sure you have backed up your data beforehand. To unlock the bootloader:
- Visit the official Vivo website and navigate to the bootloader unlock page.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter your device’s IMEI number and verification code.
- Submit the request and wait for the confirmation email from Vivo.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email to unlock the bootloader of your Vivo V20 Pro.
3.2 Downloading and Installing Required Files
Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you need to download and install the necessary files to root your Vivo V20 Pro. Follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of Magisk Manager from the official Magisk website.
- Transfer the downloaded APK file to your Vivo V20 Pro.
- Install the Magisk Manager APK on your device.
- Download the appropriate TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) recovery image for your Vivo V20 Pro model.
- Transfer the TWRP recovery image to your device.
3.3 Flashing TWRP Recovery
Before you can root your Vivo V20 Pro, you need to flash TWRP recovery, which will replace the stock recovery on your device. TWRP recovery is essential for installing Magisk and gaining root access. Follow these steps to flash TWRP recovery:
- Power off your Vivo V20 Pro.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously.
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window on your computer.
- Enter the following command to check if your device is detected:
- If your device is detected, enter the following command to flash TWRP recovery:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img(replace “twrp.img” with the actual filename of the TWRP recovery image)
- Once the flashing process is complete, enter the following command to reboot your device:
3.4 Rooting Vivo V20 Pro with Magisk
Now that you have TWRP recovery installed on your Vivo V20 Pro, you can proceed to root your device using Magisk. Follow these steps:
- Power off your Vivo V20 Pro.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously.
- In TWRP recovery, tap on “Install” and navigate to the location where you transferred the Magisk Manager APK file.
- Select the Magisk Manager APK file and swipe to confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, tap on “Reboot System” to restart your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Vivo V20 Pro using Magisk. Your device now has root access, allowing you to take full control and customize it according to your preferences.
Rooting your Vivo V20 Pro can unlock a world of possibilities, enabling you to customize your device, optimize performance, and access advanced features. However, it is crucial to understand the risks involved and follow the rooting process carefully. By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this article, you can successfully root your Vivo V20 Pro and unleash the full potential of your device.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is rooting the Vivo V20 Pro legal?
Rooting a device itself is not illegal, but it may void your device’s warranty. It is important to check the terms and conditions provided by the manufacturer before proceeding with the rooting process.
2. Will rooting my Vivo V20 Pro cause data loss?
Rooting itself does not cause data loss. However, unlocking the bootloader and flashing custom ROMs can erase all data on your device. It is recommended to back up your data before proceeding with the rooting process.
3. Can I unroot my Vivo V20 Pro?
Yes, you can unroot your Vivo V20 Pro by using the “Uninstall” option in the Magisk Manager app. This will remove root access and restore your device to its original state.
4. Does rooting void the warranty of my Vivo V20 Pro?
Rooting your Vivo V20 Pro may void the warranty provided by the manufacturer. It is essential to understand the terms and conditions before proceeding with the rooting process.
5. Can rooting my Vivo V20 Pro brick the device?
Rooting your Vivo V20 Pro carries certain risks, and there is a possibility of bricking your device if the rooting process is not followed correctly. It is crucial to follow the instructions carefully and understand the risks involved.
In this comprehensive guide, we have explored the process of rooting the Vivo V20 Pro. Rooting your device can provide various benefits, such as improved performance, advanced customization options, and access to custom ROMs. We covered the importance of backing up your data and enabling USB Debugging before initiating the rooting process. Additionally, we provided step-by-step instructions on unlocking the bootloader, flashing TWRP recovery, and rooting the Vivo V20 Pro using Magisk. However, it is crucial to understand the risks involved and carefully follow the instructions to avoid any potential issues. Rooting your Vivo V20 Pro can unlock its full potential and empower you to personalize your device according to your preferences.