Realme XT is a popular smartphone that offers exceptional features and performance to its users. Rooting your Realme XT can unlock a whole new world of possibilities, allowing you to customize your device, install special apps, and enhance its performance. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of rooting your Realme XT step by step. But before we dive into the instructions, let’s first understand what rooting is and why you might consider doing it.
- 1 Understanding Rooting
- 2 Step 1: Backup Your Data
- 3 Step 2: Unlock the Bootloader
- 4 Step 3: Install Custom Recovery
- 5 Step 4: Root Your Realme XT
- 6 FAQs About Rooting Realme XT
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Related video of How to Root Realme XT: A Comprehensive Guide
Rooting is the process of gaining administrative privileges on your Android device, similar to the administrator rights on a Windows computer. By rooting your Realme XT, you gain access to the root directory of the operating system, which allows you to make changes and modifications that are otherwise restricted.
Rooting your device can provide you with several benefits, such as:
- Customization: Rooting allows you to customize your device’s appearance, including the ability to install custom ROMs and themes.
- Performance Boost: By removing bloatware and optimizing system processes, you can enhance the overall performance of your Realme XT.
- Advanced Apps: Rooting enables you to install and use apps that require root access, unlocking advanced features and functionalities.
- Backup and Restore: With root access, you can backup and restore your entire device, including app data, settings, and more.
Now that you understand the benefits of rooting, let’s move on to the step-by-step process of rooting your Realme XT.
Step 1: Backup Your Data
Before you proceed with rooting your Realme XT, it is crucial to back up all your data to ensure that you don’t lose any important files during the process. Here’s how you can perform a complete backup of your device:
- Connect your Realme XT to a computer using a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > About phone > tap on Build number seven times to enable Developer options. Then, go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Once USB debugging is enabled, open the command prompt on your computer and enter the following command:
adb backup -apk -shared -all -f backup.ab
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the backup process.
- Wait for the backup process to complete. This may take some time depending on the amount of data on your device.
Once the backup is complete, you can proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Unlock the Bootloader
Before you can root your Realme XT, you need to unlock the bootloader, which allows you to install custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s how you can unlock the bootloader of your device:
- Go to the official Realme website and navigate to the Unlock Tool page.
- Download the Unlock Tool APK on your Realme XT.
- Install the APK and open the Unlock Tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to request for the bootloader unlock permission. This process may take a few days, and you may receive an SMS when the permission is granted.
- Once you receive the permission, open the Unlock Tool again and follow the instructions to unlock the bootloader. This process will wipe all data on your device, so make sure you have performed a backup.
- After the bootloader is unlocked, your Realme XT will reboot.
Now that the bootloader is unlocked, we can proceed to the next step of the rooting process.
Step 3: Install Custom Recovery
Installing a custom recovery is essential for rooting your Realme XT. The most popular custom recovery for Android devices is TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). Here’s how you can install TWRP recovery on your device:
- Download the latest TWRP recovery image for Realme XT from the official TWRP website.
- Connect your Realme XT to the computer using a USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded TWRP recovery image to the internal storage of your device.
- Open the command prompt on your computer and enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your Realme XT will now reboot into bootloader mode.
- Enter the following command to flash TWRP recovery:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img(replace “twrp.img” with the actual filename of the TWRP recovery image)
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Once the flashing is complete, enter the following command to reboot your device:
Congratulations! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Realme XT. Now, let’s move on to the final step of rooting your device.
Step 4: Root Your Realme XT
Now that TWRP recovery is installed on your Realme XT, you can use it to root your device. Here’s how:
- Download the latest version of Magisk (a popular rooting tool) from the official Magisk website and transfer it to the internal storage of your Realme XT.
- Power off your device and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
- In TWRP recovery, tap on the “Install” button and navigate to the location where you transferred the Magisk ZIP file.
- Select the Magisk ZIP file and swipe the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” button to root your Realme XT.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Once the flashing is complete, tap on the “Reboot System” button to restart your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Realme XT. You can now enjoy the benefits of a rooted device and explore a wide range of customization options, advanced apps, and enhanced performance.
FAQs About Rooting Realme XT
1. Does rooting void the warranty of my Realme XT?
Yes, rooting your Realme XT voids the manufacturer’s warranty. However, you can unroot your device to reinstate the warranty if needed.
2. Can I update the software on my rooted Realme XT?
Yes, you can still update the software on your rooted Realme XT. However, you may lose root access during the update process, and you will need to root your device again.
3. Are there any risks involved in rooting my Realme XT?
Rooting your Realme XT involves certain risks, such as bricking your device or voiding the warranty. It is essential to follow the instructions carefully and understand the risks involved before proceeding.
4. Can I unroot my Realme XT?
Yes, you can unroot your Realme XT by flashing the stock firmware or by using tools like Magisk Manager to remove root access.
5. Will rooting improve the battery life of my Realme XT?
Rooting itself does not directly improve the battery life of your Realme XT. However, by removing bloatware and optimizing system processes, you may experience a slight improvement in battery performance.
Rooting your Realme XT can unlock a whole new level of customization and performance. In this guide, we have provided you with a step-by-step process to root your device, including backing up your data, unlocking the bootloader, installing TWRP recovery, and rooting your Realme XT using Magisk. Remember to proceed with caution and understand the risks involved before rooting your device. Enjoy the benefits of a rooted Realme XT and explore the endless possibilities it offers.