Rooting your Realme C3 smartphone can provide you with greater control and customization options. By gaining administrative access to your device’s operating system, you can unlock a whole new world of possibilities, including the ability to install custom ROMs, remove bloatware, and optimize performance. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of rooting your Realme C3, step by step. But before we dive into the specifics, let’s first understand what rooting is and why it can be beneficial.
- 1 What is Rooting?
- 2 Benefits of Rooting Realme C3
- 3 Prerequisites
- 4 Step 1: Unlocking the Bootloader
- 5 Step 2: Installing TWRP Recovery
- 6 Step 3: Rooting Realme C3
- 7 Step 4: Verifying Root Access
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQs
- 10 Related video of How to Root Realme C3: A Step-by-Step Guide
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining full administrative access to the Android operating system. It allows you to access and modify system files that are otherwise restricted. By default, Android devices come with certain limitations imposed by the manufacturer and the mobile carrier. Rooting removes these limitations, giving you complete control over your device.
However, it’s important to note that rooting your Realme C3 will void your warranty. The process also carries some risks, such as the potential to brick your device if not done correctly. Therefore, it is crucial to follow the steps outlined in this guide carefully and understand the potential consequences before proceeding.
Benefits of Rooting Realme C3
Rooting your Realme C3 comes with several benefits that can enhance your smartphone experience:
- Customization: Rooting allows you to customize your device’s appearance, interface, and functionality beyond what is possible with stock Android.
- Performance Optimization: With root access, you can remove pre-installed bloatware and optimize your device’s performance by controlling system processes.
- Enhanced Battery Life: Various root-only apps and modifications can help extend your device’s battery life.
- Backup and Restore: Rooting enables you to back up and restore your entire device, including system settings and app data, using advanced backup applications.
- Access to Root-Only Apps: Many powerful applications require root access to provide advanced features and functionality.
Before you proceed with the rooting process, make sure you have the following prerequisites:
- A Realme C3 smartphone
- A Windows PC with internet access
- A USB cable to connect your device to the PC
- A backup of all important data on your device
- At least 70% battery on your Realme C3
- Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings > About Phone > Developer Options. If Developer Options is not visible, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on the build number 7 times to unlock it.
- Install the Realme USB drivers on your PC. You can download them from the official Realme website.
Step 1: Unlocking the Bootloader
The first step in rooting your Realme C3 is to unlock the bootloader. The bootloader is a program that runs every time you power on your device, and it ensures that only authorized software can be loaded. By default, the bootloader on Realme devices is locked, preventing you from making any system-level modifications.
Note: Unlocking the bootloader will erase all data on your device. Make sure you have a backup of your important files before proceeding.
- Visit the official Realme website and create an account if you don’t have one already.
- Go to the “Software Update” page on the Realme website and download the “Unlock Tool” for your Realme C3.
- Copy the downloaded Unlock Tool APK file to your device’s internal storage.
- Open the File Manager on your Realme C3 and locate the Unlock Tool APK file.
- Install the Unlock Tool APK by tapping on it and following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Unlock Tool app and click on the “Start applying” button.
- Read the disclaimer carefully and click on the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to submit your application for bootloader unlocking.
- Wait for the application to be approved. This process may take a few hours or even a few days.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an SMS with the unlock code.
- Power off your Realme C3 and connect it to your PC using a USB cable.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button on your device and simultaneously connect the USB cable to your PC.
- Your device will enter Fastboot Mode, and the bootloader unlock screen will appear.
- Enter the unlock code you received via SMS and click on the “Submit” button.
- Your device will now begin the bootloader unlocking process. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the process is complete, your Realme C3 will reboot automatically.
Step 2: Installing TWRP Recovery
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a custom recovery that allows you to install custom ROMs, create backups, and perform various system-level tasks. To root your Realme C3, you need to install TWRP Recovery.
- Download the latest version of TWRP Recovery for Realme C3 from a trusted source. Make sure you download the correct version compatible with your device.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP Recovery image file to the ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC.
- Open a command prompt window on your PC by pressing the Windows key + R, typing “cmd,” and hitting Enter.
- Change the directory to the ADB and Fastboot folder by entering the following command:
cd C:\path\to\ADB\Fastboot(Replace “C:\path\to\ADB\Fastboot” with the actual path on your PC).
- Power off your Realme C3 and connect it to your PC using a USB cable.
- Boot your device into Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up button and simultaneously connecting the USB cable to your PC.
- In the command prompt window, enter the following command to check if your device is detected:
- If your device is detected, proceed to the next step. If not, make sure you have installed the Realme USB drivers correctly and try again.
- Enter the following command to flash TWRP Recovery on your Realme C3:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img(Replace “twrp.img” with the actual filename of the TWRP Recovery image file).
- Wait for the flashing process to complete. Once it’s done, enter the following command to reboot your device:
- Your Realme C3 will now reboot into TWRP Recovery.
Step 3: Rooting Realme C3
Now that you have installed TWRP Recovery on your Realme C3, you can proceed with the rooting process.
- Download the latest version of Magisk ZIP from the official Magisk website. Magisk is a systemless root solution that allows you to root your device without modifying the system partition.
- Copy the downloaded Magisk ZIP file to the internal storage of your Realme C3.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery by powering it off and then pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, click on the “Install” button.
- Navigate to the location where you copied the Magisk ZIP file and select it.
- Swipe the slider to flash Magisk and root your Realme C3.
- Once the flashing process is complete, click on the “Reboot System” button.
- Your Realme C3 will now reboot with root access.
Step 4: Verifying Root Access
To ensure that the rooting process was successful, you can verify root access on your Realme C3 using the following steps:
- Download and install the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the Root Checker app and click on the “Verify Root” button.
- If root access is properly installed on your Realme C3, you will see a message confirming that your device has root privileges.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Realme C3 smartphone. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you have gained full administrative access to your device’s operating system, allowing you to customize, optimize, and unlock its full potential. Remember to use root access responsibly and be cautious while making any system-level modifications. Enjoy the freedom and flexibility that rooting brings, and explore the vast world of customizations and possibilities that await you!
1. Does rooting void the warranty of my Realme C3?
Yes, rooting your Realme C3 will void the warranty provided by the manufacturer. It is important to understand the risks and consequences before proceeding with the rooting process.
2. Can I unroot my Realme C3 after rooting?
Yes, you can unroot your Realme C3 by using the “Uninstall” option in the Magisk Manager app. This will remove root access and restore your device to its original, unrooted state.
3. Will rooting my Realme C3 improve its performance?
Rooting itself does not directly improve the performance of your Realme C3. However, it allows you to remove bloatware and optimize system processes, which can potentially lead to better performance.
4. Can I update the Android version on my rooted Realme C3?
Yes, you can update the Android version on your rooted Realme C3. However, it is recommended to wait for the updated version of the custom ROM or firmware that is compatible with your device and supports root access.
5. Is rooting safe for my Realme C3?
Rooting carries some risks, such as the potential to brick your device or compromise its security if not done correctly. It is crucial to follow the steps outlined in this guide carefully and ensure that you understand the potential consequences before proceeding.