In recent years, Oppo has gained significant popularity in the smartphone market. The Oppo Reno 3 Pro, with its impressive features and sleek design, has become a favorite among smartphone enthusiasts. However, some users may want to explore the full potential of their devices by rooting them. Rooting allows users to gain administrative access to their devices, enabling them to customize and optimize their smartphones to their liking. In this article, we will guide you through the process of rooting your Oppo Reno 3 Pro.
- 1 Understanding Rooting
- 2 Benefits of Rooting Oppo Reno 3 Pro
- 3 Prerequisites for Rooting Oppo Reno 3 Pro
- 4 Step-by-Step Guide to Root Oppo Reno 3 Pro
- 4.1 Step 1: Download Required Files
- 4.2 Step 2: Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging
- 4.3 Step 3: Unlock Bootloader
- 4.4 Step 4: Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- 4.5 Step 5: Boot Oppo Reno 3 Pro into Fastboot Mode
- 4.6 Step 6: Connect Oppo Reno 3 Pro to Computer
- 4.7 Step 7: Open Command Prompt or Terminal
- 4.8 Step 8: Flash TWRP Recovery
- 4.9 Step 9: Reboot into TWRP Recovery
- 4.10 Step 10: Install Magisk
- 4.11 Step 11: Reboot System
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Related video of How to Root Oppo Reno 3 Pro
Before we delve into the process of rooting the Oppo Reno 3 Pro, it is important to understand what rooting actually means. Rooting is the process of gaining privileged control, also known as root access, over the Android operating system. By default, Android devices have certain restrictions in place to protect the system files and prevent unauthorized access. Rooting removes these restrictions, allowing users to access system files and make changes that are otherwise not possible.
Benefits of Rooting Oppo Reno 3 Pro
Rooting your Oppo Reno 3 Pro can unlock a plethora of benefits and possibilities. Here are some of the key advantages of rooting:
- Customization: Rooting allows you to customize your device beyond the limitations imposed by the manufacturer. You can install custom ROMs, themes, and fonts to personalize your smartphone.
- Performance Optimization: With root access, you can remove bloatware and unnecessary system apps, freeing up valuable storage space and improving overall device performance.
- Increased Battery Life: By tweaking system settings and installing battery-saving apps, you can extend the battery life of your Oppo Reno 3 Pro.
- Advanced Backup and Restore: Rooting enables you to create complete backups of your device, including system files and settings. This allows for easy restoration in case of any issues or when switching to a new device.
- Access to Exclusive Apps: Some apps require root access to unlock their full functionality. By rooting your Oppo Reno 3 Pro, you can enjoy these apps and their advanced features.
Prerequisites for Rooting Oppo Reno 3 Pro
Before you proceed with rooting your Oppo Reno 3 Pro, there are certain prerequisites that you need to fulfill. These include:
- Backup: It is crucial to back up all important data on your device before rooting. This ensures that you do not lose any valuable information during the process.
- Battery Level: Make sure your Oppo Reno 3 Pro has a sufficient battery level, preferably above 50%, to avoid any interruptions during the rooting process.
- USB Debugging: Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. This allows your device to communicate with the computer during the rooting process.
- Unlock Bootloader: To root your Oppo Reno 3 Pro, you need to unlock the bootloader. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader may void your device’s warranty, and the process may vary depending on the device model and manufacturer.
- Computer and USB Cable: Ensure that you have a computer with the necessary drivers installed and a compatible USB cable to establish a connection between your device and the computer.
Step-by-Step Guide to Root Oppo Reno 3 Pro
Now that you have fulfilled the prerequisites, let’s dive into the step-by-step guide to root your Oppo Reno 3 Pro:
Step 1: Download Required Files
The first step is to download the necessary files to root your Oppo Reno 3 Pro. You will need:
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers: These drivers are essential for establishing a connection between your device and the computer. You can download them from the official Android Developers website.
- TWRP Recovery: TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a custom recovery that allows you to install custom ROMs and root your device. Download the TWRP recovery specific to your Oppo Reno 3 Pro model from the official TWRP website.
- Magisk: Magisk is a popular tool for rooting Android devices. Download the latest Magisk zip file from the official Magisk GitHub repository.
Step 2: Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging
To enable Developer Options, go to Settings > About Phone. Tap on the “Build Number” 7 times until you see a message saying “You are now a developer!” Once done, go back to the main settings and you will find Developer Options. Open it and enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is a crucial step in the rooting process. The process may vary depending on your device model and manufacturer. Search for the specific instructions to unlock the bootloader of your Oppo Reno 3 Pro model. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader may void your device’s warranty.
Step 4: Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers
Install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer. These drivers allow your Oppo Reno 3 Pro to communicate with the computer during the rooting process. Follow the instructions provided with the driver package to install them correctly.
Step 5: Boot Oppo Reno 3 Pro into Fastboot Mode
To boot your Oppo Reno 3 Pro into Fastboot mode, power off your device and then press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button simultaneously until you see the Fastboot mode screen.
Step 6: Connect Oppo Reno 3 Pro to Computer
Connect your Oppo Reno 3 Pro to the computer using a compatible USB cable. Ensure that the connection is stable.
Step 7: Open Command Prompt or Terminal
Open the Command Prompt on Windows or Terminal on macOS/Linux. Navigate to the folder where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers.
Step 8: Flash TWRP Recovery
In the Command Prompt or Terminal, enter the following command to flash TWRP Recovery onto your Oppo Reno 3 Pro:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Replace “twrp.img” with the actual filename of the TWRP Recovery file you downloaded.
Step 9: Reboot into TWRP Recovery
Once the TWRP Recovery is successfully flashed, enter the following command to reboot your Oppo Reno 3 Pro into TWRP Recovery:
fastboot boot twrp.img
Again, replace “twrp.img” with the actual filename of the TWRP Recovery file.
Step 10: Install Magisk
In TWRP Recovery, select “Install” and navigate to the location where you have saved the Magisk zip file. Select the file and swipe to confirm the installation.
Step 11: Reboot System
After the installation is complete, select “Reboot System” to restart your Oppo Reno 3 Pro.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Oppo Reno 3 Pro. You now have full control over your device and can explore the wide range of customization options and features available to rooted devices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Does rooting void the warranty of Oppo Reno 3 Pro?
Yes, rooting your Oppo Reno 3 Pro may void the device’s warranty. It is important to understand the implications before proceeding with the rooting process.
2. Can I unroot my Oppo Reno 3 Pro?
Yes, you can unroot your Oppo Reno 3 Pro by flashing the stock firmware or using the unroot feature in Magisk Manager. Unrooting your device restores it to its original state.
3. Is rooting safe for my Oppo Reno 3 Pro?
Rooting, if done correctly, is generally safe. However, there are risks involved, such as bricking your device or compromising its security. It is essential to follow the instructions carefully and understand the potential risks.
4. Will rooting improve the performance of my Oppo Reno 3 Pro?
Rooting can potentially improve the performance of your Oppo Reno 3 Pro. By removing bloatware and optimizing system settings, you can enhance the device’s speed and responsiveness.
5. Can I still receive OTA updates after rooting my Oppo Reno 3 Pro?
Rooting your Oppo Reno 3 Pro may prevent you from receiving OTA (Over-The-Air) updates. However, you can manually install updates by flashing the official firmware.
Rooting your Oppo Reno 3 Pro can unlock a world of possibilities and customization options. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can safely and effectively root your device. Remember to fulfill the prerequisites, backup your data, and proceed with caution. Rooting gives you full control over your device, allowing you to optimize its performance, customize its appearance, and access exclusive apps. Enjoy the enhanced capabilities of your Oppo Reno 3 Pro and explore the endless potential of rooted Android devices.