The Samsung Galaxy A72 is a popular smartphone known for its exceptional performance and features. However, for advanced users who want to take full control of their device and unlock its true potential, installing a custom recovery like TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is essential. TWRP allows users to flash custom ROMs, create backups, and perform system-level modifications that are otherwise not possible with the stock recovery. In this article, we will guide you through the easy steps to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A72, enabling you to explore a whole new world of possibilities.
- 1 Before You Begin: Preparing Your Device
- 2 Step 1: Downloading the Required Files
- 3 Step 2: Setting Up Odin
- 4 Step 3: Booting Your Device into Download Mode
- 5 Step 4: Flashing TWRP Recovery
- 6 Step 5: Booting into TWRP Recovery
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 FAQs After The Conclusion
- 8.1 1. Is installing TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy A72 safe?
- 8.2 2. Can I install TWRP recovery without unlocking the bootloader?
- 8.3 3. Will installing TWRP recovery void my device’s warranty?
- 8.4 4. Can I revert back to the stock recovery after installing TWRP?
- 8.5 5. What are some advantages of using TWRP recovery?
- 9 Summary
- 10 Related video of How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A72? Easy Steps!
Before You Begin: Preparing Your Device
Before diving into the installation process, it’s crucial to ensure that you have everything in order. Here are a few prerequisites and precautions to keep in mind:
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy A72 is fully charged or has at least 70% battery level to avoid any interruptions during the installation process.
- Backup all your important data, as installing TWRP recovery may erase your device’s data.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone by going to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. If you don’t see the Developer Options, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on the Build Number seven times to unlock it.
- Download and install the Samsung USB drivers on your computer to establish a proper connection between your device and PC.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy A72. This step is crucial as most Android devices require an unlocked bootloader to install custom recoveries. However, note that unlocking the bootloader may void your device’s warranty and erase all data.
Step 1: Downloading the Required Files
The first step towards installing TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A72 is to download the necessary files:
- Visit the official TWRP website (twrp.me) and navigate to the “Devices” section.
- Search for your device model, i.e., Samsung Galaxy A72, and download the latest TWRP recovery image (usually a .img file) specific to your device.
- Download the latest version of Odin, a popular tool used for flashing custom recoveries and firmware on Samsung devices.
Step 2: Setting Up Odin
Once you have downloaded the required files, follow these steps to set up Odin:
- Extract the downloaded Odin zip file to a convenient location on your computer.
- Run the Odin executable file (usually named “Odin3.exe”) as an administrator.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy A72 to your computer using a USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a blue box in the “ID:COM” section, indicating that your device is successfully connected.
Step 3: Booting Your Device into Download Mode
Before flashing TWRP recovery, you need to boot your Samsung Galaxy A72 into Download Mode. Follow these steps:
- Power off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button simultaneously until you see the Samsung logo and a warning message.
- Press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Flashing TWRP Recovery
Now that your device is in Download Mode and Odin is set up, it’s time to flash TWRP recovery:
- In Odin, click on the “AP” button and select the downloaded TWRP recovery image file (.img).
- Ensure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked in Odin.
- Click on the “Start” button to begin the flashing process.
- Wait for Odin to flash TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A72. Once the process is complete, you will see the “PASS!” message in Odin.
- Your device will automatically reboot, indicating successful installation of TWRP recovery.
Step 5: Booting into TWRP Recovery
After successfully flashing TWRP recovery, follow these steps to boot into the newly installed recovery:
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power button simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears.
- Release the Power button but continue holding the Volume Up button until you see the TWRP recovery screen.
Installing TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A72 opens up a world of possibilities for customization and advanced system-level modifications. By following the easy steps outlined in this article, you can successfully install TWRP recovery on your device and unleash its true potential. However, it’s important to note that installing custom recoveries and modifying your device’s system can be risky, and any mistakes or improper procedures may lead to bricking your device. Therefore, it’s crucial to follow the steps carefully and ensure that you have a good understanding of the process before proceeding. Now that you have TWRP recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy A72, you can explore custom ROMs, create backups, and enjoy a more personalized Android experience!
FAQs After The Conclusion
1. Is installing TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy A72 safe?
Installing TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A72 is generally safe if you follow the correct procedures. However, it’s important to note that any mistakes or improper steps may lead to bricking your device. Ensure that you have a good understanding of the process and proceed with caution.
2. Can I install TWRP recovery without unlocking the bootloader?
No, you cannot install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A72 without unlocking the bootloader. Most Android devices require an unlocked bootloader to install custom recoveries like TWRP.
3. Will installing TWRP recovery void my device’s warranty?
Yes, installing TWRP recovery and unlocking the bootloader may void your Samsung Galaxy A72’s warranty. It’s important to understand the implications before proceeding.
4. Can I revert back to the stock recovery after installing TWRP?
Yes, it is possible to revert back to the stock recovery after installing TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A72. However, the process may vary depending on your device model and firmware version. It’s recommended to research and follow the appropriate steps to revert back to the stock recovery.
5. What are some advantages of using TWRP recovery?
TWRP recovery offers several advantages, including the ability to flash custom ROMs, create and restore backups, perform system-level modifications, and install third-party mods and tweaks. It provides advanced functionality that is not available with the stock recovery.
In this article, we explored the step-by-step process of installing TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy A72. We discussed the prerequisites, downloading the necessary files, setting up Odin, booting into Download Mode, flashing TWRP recovery, and finally booting into the newly installed recovery. We also highlighted the importance of caution and understanding the risks involved in installing custom recoveries. By following the instructions carefully, users can unlock the true potential of their Samsung Galaxy A72 and enjoy a more personalized Android experience.